搜索此博客

2010年5月4日星期二

Personal Learning Summary from Su

I’ve harvested a lot from EME5050 this semester, which mixes theory and practice together, leading us to a completely new world of utilizing technologies in the classroom. Weekly peer discussion provides us a platform for communication with the educators to share their tech-teaching experience and exchange the updating expression to the new educational applications or knowledge. It’s a painful but enjoyable process to integrate all what we’ve learned through the entire semester to build a wiki. Searching and evaluating the suitable and useful educational websites and software costs time but benefit a lot to our students. I’m so excited to learn how to sequence the images into the timeline of the video editor, add special effects, transitions, the narrative track and the background music with MovieMaker, Camtasia and Cyberlink Power Director to create the movie. I’ve gained the feeling of the achievement whenever I imagined the scene my students create their own digital story following the rubric and instruction on the curriculum page and the links to the related websites with numerous useful resources, comment on each other’s work. Besides, students also realize the importance of the copyright when they import the images and audios into their movies. Teachers and our students learn from each other and grow up together through this process.

There is still a lot I need to improve in the future as a digital educator. I can’t download the contents of the powerpoint from the sideshare directly; I got confused when I select the proper criteria and how scoring matches the grading scales to design the rubric.

After completing EME 5050, I will keep updating my blog in the future and hope my students can benefit more from it in the future and put more I learned in this course into my future class and urge on the academician my study with more new educational tool.

没有评论:

发表评论